If you are searching for a way to use Instagram for PC, then you did the smart thing by landing on this page. You may have thought of using the app on PC due to many benefits that you get from PCs. So, we have created this page to tell you exactly how you can get Instagram for PC Download on Windows 10/8.1/7.
Mike Krieger and Kevin Systrom released Instagram to the masses way back on October 6, 2010. It later came for the Android and iOS platforms, the first one being iOS. It is a social media sharing and messenger app that lets you connect with your friends and family. Instagram lets you post pics and videos for your followers to see.
You can also post stories that disappear after a fixed amount of time. This feature is a relatively new one. The app is totally free to download and use. There are no in-app purchases whatsoever. So, you don’t have to worry about coughing up real world money to access its services.
Instagram for PC (emulator method)
Now, to start off, there are many methods to get Instagram for Windows PC. Either you can use it directly on from the website or you can get the Instagram App that is officially available for the Windows PC platform. But that app is only available for the PCs running Windows 8 or above. So, users with other versions will have to go for the other method which is using the app through an emulator.
Check out this guide on Instagram Download
An emulator will help you to run Android Apps on your PC. There won’t be any problems using Instagram with an emulator. So, shall we start?
- There are a few emulators in the market, but the most popular of them all and the easiest to use is Bluestacks.
- You can download it from this link: Download Bluestacks
- Once you click the link, the download will automatically start.
- The file size is about 300 MB, so it will probably take some time to download.
- After that, double-click the setup file and that will start the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your PC.
- Now, open Bluestacks and complete the sign-up process.
- Click the Google Play Store icon which you can see right there on the home screen.
- Sign in with your Google account and then search for Instagram using the search icon.
- Then you just have to install it from there and then you can use the app just like you do on your smartphone.
This completes the first method which means we must move on to the next method. It is pretty easier than this one. The only thing is difficult in this method is uploading a picture. If you want to do that you need to have a webcam that also follows the guidelines of Instagram for PC.
Official Instagram for Windows
The only limitation of this method is that you can only use it when you have Windows 8 or a higher version on your PC. Instagram for PC is officially available on the Windows Store for free as it is for all the platforms. You can directly open the Store on your PC and search for it.
Also read: Instagram Web Viewer
Let’s see the method in brief.
- Open the Windows Store on your PC.
- You will see the search bar on the top right corner of the home screen.
- Click it and type the app’s name and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- The Store will display the results and Instagram for PC Windows will be right on top of that list.
- Click it and it will take you to the download page of the app.
- All you have to do is the click the “Free” button to start the download. That is if you already gave signed in to the store using your account.
- If you haven’t then it will ask you to do so and then you can follow the instructions to get the app on your PC.
- In the case that you don’t have a Microsoft account, then you can create one from here and then use it to sign into the Windows Store.
That’s it, that was all we had to say on the matter of using Instagram for PC. As for the website, you just simply have to visit www.instagram.com and log in with your credentials. That’s it. Now you know that you have a total of three different methods at your disposal with which you can use the app your PC.
We must say now that the article has officially come to its conclusion as of now. I hope we have been of some help to you through this post on Instagram for PC Download on Windows 10/8.1/7. You read about all the three methods of using the app for PC. Send us your feedback at instagramloginway.